Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas is a comin'

Christmas is approaching ..and fast...which is my excuse for not attending to my blog writing. Note to self...the holidays are not the time to begin a new project!!!

With eight grandchildren I have a lot of gifts to buy. It seems the older I get and the more I understand about the world the less I care about showering my grandchildren with more stuff. I am hoping my legacy to them will be more of who I am and how we spend time together than how much money grandma spent on them. Giving them time is one of the most important things we have to give as grandparents. Unfortunately, four of my grandkids live in another state, with the four that live near me we are getting together tomorrow for our usual "bake and make stuff" day.

One of my favorite memories is of my mom making fudge on top of the stove (she did this a lot)....and by the way Mom, I blame you for my thing about chocolate! Anyway, after she took it off the stove she would stand there and beat the hell out of it with a spoon....I mean she could make that spoon move and not spill a drop!! ....so tomorrow we will make a batch of fudge, and maybe sugar cookies with sprinkles of course. There is also a planned art project which I will post on Wednesday.....sneak peek!!!...it involves lipstick!!

No comments: