Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Lipstick art

Okay....okay..I used to be a makeup fanatic - any free gift with purchase from Estee Lauder, Clinique or Lancome and I was there!!...so, over these many years I have collected a lot of truly unflattering lipstick shades. Being the pack rat that I am...and convincing myself that one day I will wear that bright Candy Apple Red (maybe it would match perfectly with my Christmas party dress)...I stashed them all. Going through my old makeup hoard the other day I had almost convinced myself I would never really wear any of these when I thought "hold on a minute, these are kind of like neatly packaged oil pastels."

Four of my grandkids were coming over to work in the art room and cook up some fudge so how fun would it be to use up grandma's old lipsticks and create some art. Well as you can see they enjoyed this project. We spent a few minutes brainstorming ways we could create art with lipstick, then Lyndsey ,the youngest, immediately applied a luscious hot pink to her own lips and set about drawing a gingerbread man, we trimmed around the edges with scalloped scissors and pasted it to a piece of black construction paper for a frame. The lipstick picture is sprayed with a matte acrylic so it isn't quite so messy.



Lauryn totally smeared paper with the lipstick and used a toothpick to carve her picture, again it's a good idea to spray with an acrylic spray, otherwise lipstick takes awhile to dry completely.



Dylan took a different route and used the tubes and some clay to make
lipstick man!!...and ..well not every kid gets into every project so Taylor took tons of pictures of the group and their art work.

No comments: